Dear Marlborough families,
Marlborough school will be having its annual Book Fair in May to promote literacy and the benefits of reading. Sales from the Book Fair also help raise funds to purchase books and resources for the school. The Book Fair will be held in the East Gym (no bags, food or drink allowed).
Highlights from the Spring 2016 Spring Book Fair
-A selection of books (K to Gr. 7), stationary and novelties were available in English and French.
-A Family-Class Raffle Draw. $25 Book Fair Gift Certificate for a Marlborough student and a $25 GC for the class (the teacher chooses the class books) were drawn.
-A ‘Thank-you’ Raffle Draw. With a book purchase, a draw was held to win a gift certificate.
-Donation of books to the Marlborough library, Learning Resource Instructors and Teachers.
-Wish Lists – Parents helped to purchase books from the teacher’s Wish Lists.
This event would not be possible without the fantastic help of the parent volunteers, Gr. 6 & 7 student volunteers, school staff & teachers and the Parent Advisory Council (PAC).
This is a request for volunteers to help out during the Fall Book Fair. We need at least 6 parents per shift to fill a number of different roles.
Book Fair Volunteer Shifts Available
- Friday, May 12 – 1:00-4:30 pm – Book Fair Set-up & Decorating
- FULL – Monday, May 15 – 9:30 am to 1:00pm – Day 1 (a.m. shift).
- Monday, May 15 – 1:00pm to 3:40pm – Day 1 (p.m. shift)
- FULL Tuesday, May 16 – 9:30 am to 1:00pm – Day 2 (a.m. shift)
- Tuesday, May 16 – 1:00pm to 3:40pm – Day 2 (p.m. shift)
- FULL – Wednesday, May 17 – 9:30 am to 1:00pm – Day 3 (a.m. shift)
- Wednesday, May 17 – 1:00pm to 3:40pm – Day 3 (p.m. shift)
- Thursday, May 18 – 9:30 am to 1:00 pm – Day 4 (a.m. shift)
- Thursday, May 18 –1:00pm-3:30pm – Pack Up and Clean Up Shift
Please reply back by e-mailing to Marlborough.PAC@sd41.bc.ca or email@example.com and indicate which of the shifts above (e.g. shift 3 for the Monday, pm shift) you are available to take. For scheduling and training purposes we request that volunteers take a full shift (i.e. 9:30am to 1:00pm OR 1:00pm to 3:40pm). We thank you for your support! You will be sent a reply to confirm your shift.
Lastly thanks for reading this e-mail in your busy schedule.